CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My desires...becoming His

I have been spending my devotion time with the Lord learning how to pray. I have been going through "Becoming A Woman Of Prayer" by Cynthia Heald. Today I was learning about God's desires in relation to how I am praying to Him. This quote below really stuck out at me and I wanted to share it with you. I pray that it opens your eyes and hearts as much as it did mine!

Initially, I responded to His call to delight in Him to ensure the fulfillment of His promise to give me the desires of my heart. I had no idea that He would give me a new heart (Jer. 24:7). I didn't know that He would begin working in me to reproduce His own heart. When I turned to Him, I found that He Himself is my very great reward (Gen. 15:1). He is not, as I had supposed, the means to my end. He is the desire of my heart.

Jennifer Kennedy Dean



Tricia :)

3 thoughts on the post:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how when I align myself with and in God's will that everything seems right. Praying is hard. Praying is work. Chip Ingram said that the harder you work at praying the harder it gets. All you need to do is be ready willing and there! There meaning...show up for prayer and let God talk. Don't shove Him out with your words. I have also found that when I try to devote everything to prayer I am a much happier, willing wife, a more patient mother, and a better listener!

Let me know how you like the book when you are done....I loved it!

Dawn said...

Love the quote.

Dawn said...

One more thing.
Great photos in the sidebar.
:)