CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Getting back to normal

I am posting to let all you want to know how I am doing. I had surgery on June 25 to lift my eyelids. I only wish this was for aesthetic reasons....quite the contrary. I know some of you know but for those who do not, I had surgery January 17, 2007 to remove a brain tumor. This led to issues with my eyes due to the fact that a nerve was damaged. So the next surgery was to fix double vision and other eye issues (that was November of 2007). That was a very successful surgery and now I where prism glasses to correct what could not be fixed.

So, if you look below you will see the results (and I am still healing) of June 25th. The surgery involved the doctor inserting material that made it so my eyebrows do the work of the eyelids...being that the eyelids no longer work on their own. When I try to lift (using my eyelids) I get one result...a more open eye. But even without trying I can see great and they are open most of the way. God is so good (He always has been) and I am so thankful to Him that I am doing well and healing so fast.

I know that I have gone through this time for a reason. I am not sure what yet but the day I know...I will definitely share with you. If I don't find out until heaven then I can rejoice with Jesus there.

Again, thanks for your prayers and don't stop. Every day is a new day to celebrate. Hopefully soon we will have some other good news....but that will wait until then! :)

Trying to lift my eyes










Not trying to lift my eyes











Tricia :)

2 thoughts on the post:

Dawn said...

Tricia,
I am thankful you have had a positive result with this most recent surgery!

God is good....ALL the time!
Amen?
Amen!

Love you, girl.
Dawn xo

Danielle's World said...

I love the look of the blog!! Thank you for your amazing testimony of trusting in God allowing Him to have the glory. I love you Tricia and I pray for you every day.

Love,
Danielle