CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Something to ponder

I got this from a friend's site. Check it out...and maybe come up with your own!


"If you were 20 (single and no baby) and money were not an object, what are five things that you would want to do in life?"

1. Spend some time in South Africa helping the churches there.
2. Go to Paris for some time and get cultured.
3. Maybe learn to cook so I might enjoy it.
4. Travel around the world.
5. Buy a nice house in a warm climate and have friends over all the time, a house like on The Notebook, just like that.

"If you were 60 (still no family concerns) and money were not an object, what are five things you would want to do? What accounts for the differences between the two lists?"

1. Have a house in a warm climate, maybe have friends living with me, same as above #5.
2. Help my church in anyway I could; money is no object so....
3. Have a house in Europe somewhere that I could go to with friends.
4. A live in nurse/caretaker that would help when I could not help myself anymore.
5. Buy a candy store and sell the candy for super cheap....but only to kids.

I think the only difference in my lists is age. I don't think anything else would change! This was harder than I thought it would be....I had to think! You would think with all the money you could want and no commitments (family anyway) you could come up with lots. I guess not...I am very happy with things as they are so maybe that is why it was so hard to come up with ideas.

Tricia :)

2 thoughts on the post:

anne said...

I forgot about putting in a housekeeper. Good call on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw this on "your friend's site" too...I haven't really done it or thought about it yet....I am happy with Life as it is and it is hard to imagine life with no committments or kids to take care of or feel responsible for...I just can't get my mind past that mostly b/c I don't want to!
and I loved the candy idea...what is the age limit again for being a kid?