CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Knapp Family

This post is to give you a brief history of us...the Knapp family. Hold on to your underwear...this may be a long post.

Jeremy and I have really known each other since we were born. Jeremy was born to Rex and Terry Knapp on May 15, 1979. I was born to Paul and Diane Osborn on May 17, 1980 (you will learn later that Mariah was born in the same week). My mom (Diane) grew up with Jeremy's dad (Rex) and was best friends with Rex's sister, Robin. So, our families have been connected before Jeremy and I ever came along.

So anyway, Jeremy and I officially met in high school when I would pick up the bus at his school to go to my school. He said he would see me as I got on the bus and thought he might like me but I never found that out until we were dating...getting ahead...just wait for that!

So, in our 12th grade year we finally were going to the same school and thanks to my best friend Erin (yes Erin...it was you), we started dating. That was in 1998 and we have been together ever since.....but let me fill in more details.

My family had been planning to go to South Africa as missionaries since my 8th grade year. So...we had finally gotten all the support raised by my 12th grade year. The plans were to leave as soon as I graduated from high school. So I had a decision to make...go with Mom and Dad or stay in America and go right to college. I had already been accepted at Baptist Bible College so I kind of had that in the bag. Well....I reluctantly (at the time) decided to go with Mom and Dad. So that meant leaving Jeremy, who by this time I was falling in love with.

Jeremy and I decided to keep dating...very long distance. There were ups and downs to that but over all we are both glad it lasted. When I did come home...a year later...things were different but we still were together. He has been attending Baptist Bible College and so I started going too...of course with that held application from before we left for Africa.

So as time went on in the one year at BBC (yes, just one), we started to get much closer. We decided to go visit Mom and Dad in Africa...where Jeremy was planning something. I kind of knew things might happen but I was not totally sure.

Anyway, one Wednesday evening Jeremy and I went to the Durban beach and he messed with my head for awhile and then....it happened!!!! He asked me to marry him on the beach, in the sand. It was so romantic and wonderful....and totally dangerous being that it was after dark on the Durban beach....not a safe place at night!

So, we have been married almost 6 years (April 6). The Lord has blessed us with a beautiful little girl, Mariah (born May 16, 2005). More to come about this little sweetheart but she is the love of our lives. We are planning more tiny feet this year and can't wait to share more with you.

Hope this was not to long. Enjoy!!

Tricia :)

1 thoughts on the post:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm going back in time reading this blog. Wow it's crazy to think how all of that was years ago and it feels like just yesterday! I love you guys!